[TR] Toyota tranny conversion TR6?

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Wed Jun 13 07:53:35 MDT 2012

another opinion . .

I have never experienced the 5 speed.

I put an overdrive in my car 5 years ago; drive about 6000 miles per year,
hard.

on tail of the dragon we went up and down constantly from 2nd to 2nd od and
back again.  it was great.  I really like having that od on 2nd, 3rd, and
4th.  I use it a lot.

like a lot of things on these cars, if you do it right the first time, you
won't have trouble with it for a long time.  if you inherit or buy a car
where its old or deteriorating, just like almost every other part on these
cars, you will have trouble.

in summary, I love the od and never have any problems.