[TR] Problem with J-type overdrive blowing fuses

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jun 12 05:54:10 MDT 2012

One way to check is to unplug the solenoid and secure the wire so you know
it isn't going to touch ground and then see if the fuse blows.  If there is
a ground fault (wire insulation worn away allowing the wire to touch ground)
the fuse will still blow.

Or you can replace the fuse with an auto-reset circuit breaker.  Then the
overdrive will be intermittent.  ;-)

Does it blow at random times or does it blow predictably?

Dave