[TR] Need new tires for TR4

William Pugh anabil007 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 12:07:58 MDT 2012

After retiring Rosey (1970 TR6) from the SCCA Judged Concours events (her 1998
restoration was beginning to show her age)  We decided that instead of a "show
car", she should just be a "car", the 185/15 Michelin Redlines had a 1998 date
code and were hard as rocks.
Tire Rack suggested 205-70/15s and we bought a set of Michelin Hydroedge,
pricey but they fit nice, were tubeless and overall diameter was close enough
that the speedo was still accurate. Turns per mile were about the same, but
the ride was 200% better, and they stick like glue, even in the rain.
You might want to check them out  remember you get what you pay for.

On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Brad Kahler wrote:

> Randall,
>
> I'd really like to stay with a stock diameter.  I really dislike
> speedometers that read to high or two low :)
>
> I suppose I could look into ratio converters for the speedometer if need
> be.  That's just one more complexity I'd just as soon do without however.
>
> Thanks!
>
> brad

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"