[TR] Oil and Rocker Arm Assembly and Adjusting screws

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Fri Jul 27 11:18:47 MDT 2012

If the spit works anything like the TR-2/3/4, the rocker assembly is
fed by the oil going to the rear cam bearing.  If the cam bearings
aren't installed properly, no oil comes up from the cam.  In the
TR-2/3/4 there's an external line that can be run from the block to
the head to provide more flow.  On the TR-4, that's where the problem
would most likely be rather than in the rocker assembly itself.

One way to check is to put the rocker assembly back on the car but
leave the valve cover off.  Start it up.  If you coat the whole
engine compartment with oil being flung off of the valve train you
don't have an oil delivery problem.  If things stay pretty dry, you
do have a problem.  I'm guessing that others have a better / less
messy way to check...  :)

Tony Drews