[TR] Rimmer Bros - question about shipping charges to US

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jul 21 01:08:07 MDT 2012

> For those of you who have ordered small parts from Rimmer
> Brothers - do
> they offer a slower, discounted shipping via Royal Mail to
> the US?

When I asked a few years ago, they flat refused to ship by any means other
than airmail.  IIRC, Royal Mail will only handle packages under 2kg (4.4
pounds); anything larger has to go through ParcelForce.

When I talked another UK vendor into sending by ParcelForce economy
(surface), the package disappeared for about 3 weeks and then got returned
to them.  No refunds, I wound up paying for delivery twice in order to get
my parts.

-- Randall