[TR] TR4 Horns not working. I need a suggestion

Randy and Valerie DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:29:50 MDT 2012

> > If the shaft comes up to 12v, it will likely be either the ground
> connection
> > at the steering rack, or the jumper across the rubber coupling in the
> > column.
>
> and on the TR4, there are two of those couplings and therefore two of those
> ground straps passing around/through those rubber couplings.

Uncommon I suspect, but you can actually lose ground within the column itself,
right at the spline connection probably from corrosion - that is the problem
on my car, I got around it temporarily by wrapping a ground wire around the
column between the two couplings.  Maybe not temporary as I've been driving
that way for about 5 years now!