[TR] Gas line filter placement.

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 21:17:32 MDT 2012

> Any comments on installing the filter before the fuel pump?

Yes.  Do it.  Especially if it is an electronic fuel pump like a Facet,

Also, mount your Facet as low as possible.  Uncle Jack loses prime now and again, so I'm going to check into a lower mounting.  Real soon now...

> I'm sure opinions will vary, but I've heard that running a paper
> element
> filter before the pump can aggravate any tendency towards vapor lock
> as the
> resistance of the filter lowers the pressure slightly.

Stuff and nonsense.

> Anyway, after years of running with just the factory sediment bowl and
> screen, I finally added a paper element filter at the carbs. No more
> "sand"
> in the bottom of the float bowls.

If you find that you are getting junk from the fuel pump, yes.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier