[TR] Gas line filter placement.

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Mon Jul 9 13:17:55 MDT 2012

Electric pump, put it before.  OEM pump can go after.  For $10 i got nice
glass inline filter with a replaceable element. It's nice to be able to see
the fuel and the crud.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Jul 9, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Angelo Graham <agraham at execulink.com> wrote:

> Hello List:
> After rebuilding my carbs (again) and getting them back on the car, I was
advised to fit an in-line gas filter. I have sourced a generic nylon bodied
see through type with what appears to be a paper filter inside. Was also
advised to fit this in-line before the fuel pump to prevent damage to the fuel
pump valves. I was going to install it before the carbs on a convenient
stretch of the metal gas line.
> Any comments on installing the filter before the fuel pump? Should I install
another before the pump as well?