[TR] First run, big smie and question

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Sat Jul 7 13:06:10 MDT 2012

On a very sunny (honest) day in Dublin, took the TR2 on the public roads for
the first time in probably 40 years for the car and nearing the end of my 15
year project, driving about 30 miles. It drove without knocks or bangs, slight
adjustment to the mixture and timing improved running, it does have an odd
wobble at the front around 20mph, but nothing either side. My question is:
when fully warmed up and I must say the temperature gauge sits bang in the
middle throughout, at tick-over I have on the oil gauge 25psi and driving at
2000rpm around 40mph I have 50psi, how do these figures seem for a rebuilt
engine?
I still have a stupid grin on my face!

John
1954 TR2 Long Door