[TR] steering wheel nut

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Tue Jul 3 06:29:27 MDT 2012

Hi all, as I get ready for the first official outing for black TR2, I have
been trying to straighten the steering wheel, as my "best guess" of what was
correct in relation to the wheel spokes, was way off. A short drive and I
could better guess, but it is a real pain if I have to remove the stator tube
and horn push completely just to get a socket on the wheel nut. I have been
releasing the stator tube down at the steering box, then drawing up the horn
push and tube, all still intact enough, including wiring, to allow me move the
wheel on the splines, but it is very difficult to tighten the nut again with
such restricted access. Anyone had to cope with this one, or know of a way
around it?
Cheers
John
1954 Long Door