[TR] TR2-3 starter nose?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 2 17:25:14 MDT 2012

> I can't find the appropriate parts book. Is this for a Triumph bullet
> nose starter, Lucas part number 255543 ?
>
> http://bradakis.com/Images/tr3_nose.jpg

I don't believe that is right for a TR2-3.  According to the Lucas 400E
catalog, the TR2-3 takes starter 25541, which uses a 256550 front cover.

And besides, it just doesn't look right to me.  The TR2/3 starter has a more
rounded nose, not so long.  That one looks like it wouldn't even fit inside
the early bellhousing.

But, I could not find a listing for a 255543 in the 400e catalog.

-- Randall