[TR] charging the battery

Ann Carletta anncarletta at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 12:52:51 MST 2012

Tim.

I've been charging my TR3A since 1978 and I have never disconnected the
cables.  Never even heard of that and I'm 50.

Ann

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 20
Jan 2012 14:42:34 -0500 (EST)
From: KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
To:
triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Off topic electrical question

Hi all;

Perhaps someone can settle an argument between my
son and I?

When charging a car battery, I was always told to disconnect the
battery
terminals first, then connect the charger. My son, who is 23, NEVER
disconnects the battery when connecting a charger to any car. He things the
principle of having to disconnects is pointless. I have since found out that
his
practice seems commonplace among his generation.

Anyone got any
thoughts?

Tim