[TR] 1972 Triumph TR6 clutch master cylinder update, approach

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Thu Jan 19 18:15:52 MST 2012

Two votes said it worked, one said it did not.  Did not see any response from Randall, always enjoy his input.  Thanks for the replies........Craig

On 01/19/12, Bob<rpeglow at optonline.net> wrote:

Hello Craig,
I found a similar problem after replacing the clutch hydraulics just for
reliability reasons not knowing the clutch history on my '71. Before and
after I needed to really tiptoe the clutch pedal to get into gear. Sometimes
first but mostly reverse. I have read this is a common complaint on the
early TR6s? Anyway I installed the adjustable pushrod. I did not document
how much - but mine is a bit longer and I made sure I still have some play
in the linkage when the clutch is released. I have a few thousand miles on
this "kluge". Good luck. Regards, Bob

"So, my fix and question. I have purchased an adjustable push rod from TRF
part number HP655. My plan is to remove the existing bar, measure it, and
adjust the new one to that length. Then, after installation into the middle
hole, use the screw adjustment to increase the throw until the gears shift
correctly.

Two questions:
1.) Anyone have any comment on this approach?

Craig H. Nicholls
72 Triumph TR6
Vienna, VA"