[TR] TR3A Temp Gauge Question - can't get it out!!!

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 01:37:38 MST 2012

> The fitting that holds the bulb in place is independent,
> sounds like it is
> just a little stuck.  Maybe some PBB and a gentle nudge?

What he said.  The metal part with the hex flats is a nut that should
unscrew without rotating the bulb.  In fact, usually the hard part is
getting the bulb out after the nut has been unscrewed.

Next time I'm facing one that is badly stuck, I may try using electrolysis
to clean out the corrosion and free up the bulb.
http://goo.gl/gIKld
But fortunately, so far anyway, a good coating of anti-seize has prevented
the problem from reoccurring for me.

-- Randall