[TR] TR6 and TR4A IRS Frames the same?

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Mon Jan 16 07:40:08 MST 2012

Bud,

I restored my TR4A frame back in 2004.
>From what I remember of my research, because the TR6 engine is longer...

1. The engine mounts are more forward
2. Meaning the steering mounts are also
3. The TR6 also has slightly different mounting for the lower, front
suspension arms, having two bolt holes instead of just one..

Maybe Ratco developed their chassis with elongated engine mount points with
multiple holes to suit the TR4A or TR6?

On Jan 16, 2012, at 2:59 AM, Bud Rolofson wrote:

> Listerati,
>
> Apparently the steering rack mounts are different between a TR6 and a TR4A
IRS frame.  Are the motor mount locations different or the same?

> I read (on RATCO's website) where the two frames are identical except for
the before mentioned steering rack mounts.  Is that the only difference?

> Are there any more differences?  Most importantly the motor mounts.  What
issues might I face if I tried to put a TR6 engine on a TR4A frame?

> Thanks
> Bud Rolofson
>
> 71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
> 66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
> 66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
> 71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
> Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
> levilevi at comcast.net
>
> ** triumphs at autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive