[TR] TR3A Front Shock Choices

D&B Lambert blambert at socal.rr.com
Sun Jan 15 13:23:02 MST 2012

All,
Are there any "mid-range" front shock choices for the TR3(A)?  I see the big
three sell stock-type shocks for about $30 or so, and also sell Koni's for
about 200 bucks each, but I can't seem to find anything in between.  Is
there anything in the middle as far as price and quality?  I'm talking about
normal road use, going as fast as is safe through the twisty parts, and an
occasional autocross (Triumphest or VTR).  I've had the stock type (made in
India, I think) on the car for about 12 years and about 45,000 miles and am
thinking that it may be time to change them.  No real complaints front
suspension-wise, just thinking...
Thanks, Dennis