[TR] Condensor/capacitor question

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 05:57:58 MST 2012

Tim,

I never had the problem you're experiencing with any of my  personal TR's
but I did have it with my 1966 Chevy Corvair back in the  1970's.....and it
was the condenser!

On our way home from work after about 30 minutes of driving, the engine
sputtered and faded to a stop.  I pulled over, gave it a quick glance,
pondered what to do then tried to start it.  It started and ran for a few  more
miles before stopping again.  This time a State Police Officer stopped  to
offer assistance.  After a brief chat, he suggested a bad  condenser.  I had an
old one in the trunk so I did a quick swap and presto  - no problem.

Summary - they do go bad, even new condensers have been known to fail
prematurely, they are cheap to replace, always keep one in the car as a  spare:)

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack,  PA
1976 TR6 CF57822U

In a message dated 1/14/2012 6:05:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,