[TR] Condensor/capacitor question

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 16:05:39 MST 2012

Hi everyone;

My TR3A demonstrates a fault that could be as simple as a failing
condensor. Basically, it loses power dramatically after about half an hour of
driving, then eventually fades to stalling. If I leave it just a few minutes,
the car will start and run perfectly for a couple of miles, then we start the
same cycle again. It could be many other things, I know, such as dirt in
the  fuel tank, bad pump, trouble with SU's, a bad coil, etc., etc.

However, want I would like to do is make sure I have the problem cured
while it's in the workshop and before it's time to take it out of winter
storage and start driving it. Because of the nature of my work, I won't have
time to be working on it once Spring comes.

I'd rather not replace the condensor and coil, rebuild the carbs, take out
the tank and get it cleaned/lined, etc. etc., if I don't need to. I'd like
to  start by renewing the condensor, then somehow testing the removed one to
see if  that cured it. There's over a foot of snow on the ground now and
much more will  be on it's way before Spring, so I'm not driving it to test it!

Thoughts?

Tim TS22930LO Ontario, Canada