[TR] [Fot] Undetuning and restoration of a TR250

Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley triosan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 09:34:10 MST 2012

Do not know how many other answers you got.

To get that HP at the wheels I figure you:
1. Port the head for good flow
2. Get a three angle or radiused valve grind
3, Shave the head to about 3.3 inches thich
4. Get an S2 grind cam [or a Kent D9] [Goodparts or TSI or Integral Cams]
5. Get a good quality header [see the comparison of two that I had/have at:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?tab=wq#photos/103241823961257430252/albums/5036637093474271777/5036638034072109730
  I liked the Racestorations one better, but it is more expensive and takes
longer to get.  Current car has a Pacesetter and it works fine.
6.  Not sure what carbs you have, but I know yoy can get 3/4" Strombergs
that flwo jsut fine and are adjustable.
7. Get an electric fuel pump and a good pressure gauge -- at sustained WOT
[race track] I could not get enough fuel with the stock setup once I had
the ported head and free flow exhaust.
8. Get as free flowing a muffler as you can within the limits of the sound
you can endure.
9.  Roller rockers do not help performance, but do add some measure of
"uptime".

Hope that helps -- I have several "Albums" at that Picasa web site
regarding the three hot TR6's I have owned.  Sold the white, had the green
[TR250 turned into TR5] stolen from my race trailer; current race the blue
and white one.

Chuck

--
Chuck Arnold and Kathleen Kelley