[TR] TR2 Mirror

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 07:09:33 MST 2012

> next what are the screws that
> fit the mirror
> to the dash? the Moss catalogue and my S.T Parts manual both
> indicate spire
> screws (chromed)

Seems to be a mistake, although I'm not sure where.  Anyway, the later
bodies definitely have 10-32 machine threads in those holes.

I see that TRF has SP87/K5 cross-referenced to SLP251, which near as I can
tell is a 10-32 screw (it's also listed for the TR3A locking trunk handle,
which take 10-32).

Don't forget, there is a small bracket and rubber buffer that go underneath
the mirror, to steady the windscreen.  I found out the hard way that it's
important.

-- Randall