[TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Jan 7 08:35:38 MST 2012

My Black & Decker was about $100., good all around the shop impact.

AND, don't forget if you are thinking of a super-handy light-to-medium duty
18v impact, the Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt, etc. 1/4" drive impacts from
Lowe's or Home Depot are super handy and you will use them 10 to 1 before
you grab your air hose or power cord.  I use mine for everything from
pulling(only) spark plugs to installing door hinges around the house.  A
myriad of attachments are available, I keep the 3/8" square on most of the
time for sockets.  Probably the easiest expense to justify to the
ever-sympathetic spouse who does not suffer from LBC Syndrome.  BTW, I have
a Makita and used a DeWalt for the past four years, both were great but I
stuck with the Makita as the DeWalts were slow in coming out with the Li-On
battery packs.

You can usually pick these up in sets that include a VSR drill for
$250-$300.  Worth every penny.

NFI,
Bill

Bill Beecher