[TR] TR3 Front Badge Spacing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 4 16:14:41 MST 2012

> When I went to switch over the emblems, I discovered the one
> without
> lettering has the studs spaced 2 1/2" on center but the replacement
> badge has
> the studs spaced 2 5/8" on center.

My badge with letters fit both a TR3 and TR3A front apron.  That would lead
me to believe that your badge is the problem; but it might just be a matter
of tolerances stacking up.  For only 1/8", my approach would be to take a
few strokes with a rat-tail file in each hole, until the badge fit.  Add a
dab of paint or grease to cover the raw edges (which will be hidden by the
badge).

-- Randall