[TR] 4lb TR3 Rad Cap

Ann Carletta anncarletta at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 11:36:50 MST 2012

I put an overflow tank in and changed the cap to 7 lbs.

Message: 11
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:23:49 -0600
From: <wbeech at flash.net>
To:
<triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 4lb TR3 Rad Cap

I have often wondered why the TR3 cooling system only has
a 4lb pressure
cap.  My friend with a 1962 Morgan(TR3 engine) and I both
experience a
modest amount of overflow after only 20-30 minutes of driving.  I
try to
keep the coolant level at about 1/2 the depth of the extension neck as
have never heard any definitive data on just where the line should be as
there is no overflow recovery system for this car.

Does everyone have this
issue?  My engine and radiator are only 3000 miles
old after a good cleaning
during the re-build, I also have the 6-blade TR
Tropical Fan.

Thanks,
Bill