[TR] Ebay vs. mail order TR part prices

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Dec 24 09:06:59 MST 2012

I really don't totally understand what Ebay is doing, it used to be a great
place to get used parts you couldn't get anywhere else, with the bulk of the
sellers people like us, listers and hobbyists who had parts cars, etc.

They have really decided to try to appeal to the mass marketer as sellers,
retailers and other big players, someone once stated it as they were trying
to compete with Amazon.

It used to be easy to do an occasional sale on Ebay, but then you had to
have Paypal, then you had to have Paypal linked to your Ebay account. etc.

I agree that the E bay deals, both on new and used parts are few and far
between, and between paypal and Ebay fees it takes a big cut out of your
selling.

When it started out I felt it really was a "community" of like minded people
trading in what interested them, not so much anymore.

Greg Lemon