[TR] Internal Bonnet Release System for TR3/A/B?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 11:54:22 MST 2012

> Has anyone ever retro-fitted a TR3A with an internally operated bonnet
> release as the early TR2s and then TR4-6 had?   Of course, it
> would have to
> be safe and secure.

And be accessible after the cable breaks.

I saw a TR3A years ago that had been modified so the entire hood, apron and
front fender area pivoted forward, ala Spitfire etc.  Seemed like a lot of
work, but sure would make changing the radiator a lot easier!

I think that was at TRfest in San Diego, around 2000 or 2001; but no idea of
the owner's name or how to contact him.

-- Randall