[TR] Subject: Re: Tail weight

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Tue Dec 18 01:36:25 MST 2012

Not dangerous at all; one of my TR4A parts books has an error, thank  you
Randall!
The parts book that was used by the Brisbane, CA parts counter lists  the
"Overdrive condition" " WEIGHT AND BUSH ASSEMBLY, VIBRATION DAMPER" as  Part
No.
132604, and Part No .144314, as I posted, for :Normal condition.   (sorry
about the caps, but that is how it is in the the book). I have  seen these on
TR4As.  The "Strap, anti-vibration" is related to the same  problem, but a
separate item.  I never used these items on my race car  because of the
weight and service problems involved.

btw: The later gear levers had a rubber bush connecting the top part to the
 bottom, and this bush would occasionally fail under racing conditions, but
 otherwise reduced the vibrations.

TR Regards,
Hardy

In a message dated 12/16/2012 11:00:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,