[TR] TR transmission tail weight

Carl Sereda carlsereda at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 00:50:41 MST 2012

Hi Hardy!
Any idea of difference between the two transmission damper weights, or why
they have different part numbers? I was planning on NOT transferring the
weight off my standard TR4 tranny to the rebuilt TR4A OD tranny - the OD
section seems to be 25lb over the standard transmission tailpiece... and
adding more weight to that, seems overkill doesn't it?

Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

This item was fitted to the TR4A and is on page 27 of the TR4A parts
catalogue, second edition:
"WEIGHT AND BUSH ASSEMBLY, VIBRATION DAMPER" PN 144314 std, 132951 OD
It should be tight on the tail shaft, but most of these were removed during
 service to make gearbox removal easier and to remove the "extra" weight.

TR Regards,

Hardy