[TR] tr-3 w/s washers?

Dixie4 dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Thu Dec 13 23:25:24 MST 2012

In UK screen washers were not fitted as standard on most cars until the late
Sixties and if I remember correctly not law to have them fitted until the
Seventies. Having said that many aftermarket kits were fitted by dealers and
owners alike using the simple mechanical push pump action type. Electrically
operated ones were only to be found on top end cars.
It would appear from your description that your TR3 has had some form of
aftermarket kit fitted at sometime. They certainly would not come as
standard when the car was new. I would highly recommend replacing them even
if you are in a 'Dry' State. At least you would fill the 3/8" holes with
something useful.

Adrian TR4A CT64306 O
Wales, UK.