[TR] Weight of Stag Engine/Trans

Jonas Payne jagmog at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:46:47 MST 2012

I have a '71 Stag in the shop undergoing an engine transplant.

The car was originally equipped with the 3L V8 and the Borg Warner Autobox.
It also had A/C.   These components are long gone.

Its getting a 2.3L Turbo from a 1987 Ford Thunderbird with a Borg Warner T5
"world class" manual, which I can weigh here.

I am trying to figure out what the original motor and trans weighed so we
can sort out the new coil springs for the front end.  The new setup is
clearly lighter based on the stance of the car.

If anybody has these weights, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711