[TR] Knock in rear brakes?

Darrell Floyd tr250driver at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 08:31:02 MDT 2012

Hi List,
Shaking down the 68 TR250 for the trip to the 2012 6-PACK Trials.  I have been
chasing a knock in the rear since last year's VTR NATC in Breckinridge.  It is
a singular knock coming out of the driver's side rear immediately after the
brakes are applied. It sounds like it is coming from the brakes but that's
difficult to detrimine exactly. I and others have been all over the entire
rear suspension and all that we found was loose nuts on both side axle
flanges. All of the suspension was entirely rebuilt with urethane bushings,
new brakes, shocks and u-joints last year. The loose nuts were tightened but
the knock is still present. It is fairly annoying.  So I am really stumped
with this one.  Should I just turn the radio up louder or is this the knock
that a 250 makes right before the wheel falls off?
Cheers,
Darrell