[TR] speedy bleed

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 29 06:51:30 MDT 2012

Gary,

I also used speed bleeders on my 72. I had the same problems as you when
trying to bleed from the rear. First, I loosened the fittings exiting
the MC until I could see fluid flowing. Then I started on the right
front and was able to get both front calipers to bleed correctly.

I then turned to the rears and I still couldn't get any fluid by pumping
the MC. So I removed the line from the slave on the drivers side and
just let it sit there with a cup underneath to catch any fluid.

Well, about an hour later, fluid started to drip so I re-attached the
line and was able to bleed both rears just fine using the speed
bleeders. I am guessing, since all my lines were empty, that I had so
much air in the lines that I just had to let gravity do its job.

Some 6 owners have said it may be the pressure switch not letting fluid
to the rears so make sure your switch is set correctly before and after
bleeding. Others have said that the MC must be bench primed. I have
never done that on any of my Triumphs.

Bob