[TR] TR6 Repro Bumper - Quality??

D&B Lambert blambert at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 08:03:27 MDT 2012

Hello,
Can anyone comment from an experience standpoint on the quality of the repro
bumpers for an early TR6?  I've heard things from "don't bother, they're
made from tin foil" to "not as good as original but it's ok".  I'm
interested specifically about the rear bumper center section for my '71 TR6.
Does anyone have one on their car at this time?  Has it been ok?  Any
vendors better than the others?  I'd much rather have the original
straightened and re-chromed, but here in SoCal the price of chrome work has
gone astronomical.
Thanks, Dennis