[TR] TR6 light-weight, high-torque, aftermarket starter motor clearance issue

Roger Helman rhelman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 18:15:09 MDT 2012

I am trying to install a TRF light-weight, high-torque, aftermarket starter
motor on my TR6 with a free flow exhaust header.  I had to rotate the
entire starter so the blue wire ( which connects the solenoid to the
starter )  is directly over the free flow exhaust.header. The Solenoid and
starter motor are parallel in relation to each other and the bottom of the
car.

I am worried this will cook the blue wire and or starter.

Does anyone else have a similar setup?

If so what did you do?

Thanks
Roger