[TR] [6pack] indescribable

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Fri Aug 17 05:36:28 MDT 2012

To Bob and the many others who asked:

I owe most of this story to my cousin, Darryl Uprichard, owner of
Racetorations in the UK (no financial interest).  We talked about the
possibilities for the car and he came up with a menu of options for
performance versus cost.  We settled on +60 forged pistons, cam bearings and
a fast-road cam, the head was ported, we went with triple 40 DCOE Webers and
we fitted a stainless steel header.  Other additions included an electronic
distributor, a lightened flywheel and an alloy sump.

The car was dyno'd locally:  the shop had no experience with Webers, but
Racetorations sent a box of jets from which we chose airs, mains and idles
and returned the rest.  This made a huge difference:  for the person who
asked, the car now accelerates smoothly throughout the range.

Andrew