[TR] Adding a VSS pulse generator inline with speedometer cable

Brad Kahler bkahler1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:18:11 MDT 2012

The first version of the SCS/Frigette cruise control (circa 1998) had coil
sense capability and I used it with great success on my Spitfire.  The next
SCS/Frigette cruise control I bought in 2001 had that feature removed and
it only works with VSS type signals.   Connecting it to the coil actually
fries the cruise module as I found out recently.  I've been looking at
other brands but so far the only ones I've found all require some sort of
VSS and don't allow connecting to the coil.

Quite frustrating.