[TR] Dzus fastener versus hood pin

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 7 15:37:19 MDT 2012

> I want the hood held in place but do not want an obtrusive
> fastener.....

Hood pins would seem to me to be the definition of "obtrusive" as both the
pin and the clip stick up for anyone to see.  Some may like the look, but
certainly no one, not even those who ask "Izzat a MG?", will fail to
recognize that they don't belong there.

> I am
> open to suggestions...

The original Dzus buttons, properly adjusted and maintained (maintenance
being mostly doing something if they aren't tight enough), work very well
IMO.  My previous TR3A had the pins when I got it, and putting it back to
the original configuration was one of the very first things I did.  I
covered over 200,000 miles with that car, and never had a problem beyond
having to occasionally readjust or replace the hood buffers (which need to
hold tension against the Dzus buttons).

-- Randall