[TR] TR Overdrive in reverse.

Jonas Payne JPayne at ThorCon.net
Sat Apr 28 14:13:38 MDT 2012

I believe that one of my electic OD switches failed "not safe", and I backed
my car out of the garage in reverse with the OD engaged.  It is my
understanding from the guys on the healey web that this is "very bad".

I am now suffering some "binding/lurching" when in first or reverse, and have
been pushing the car around in fear of doing any damage.

It would appear that the unit is coming out again, but exactly what does
driving an OD in reverse do that is so bad?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084