[TR] Rebuilding TR3A engine

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Sat Apr 28 06:26:32 MDT 2012

It looks like I need to rebuild my TR3A engine (rod knocking).

It'd be nice to rebuild it right and get rid of at least the majority
of oil leaking.  Perhaps that's a pipe dream.  Regardless, rebuilding
the engine is a bit beyond my time/abilities, so time to dump some more
money into the Triumph.

Suggestions of shops/places to either get or rebuild a TR3/TR3A engine?

Anyone have any experience with Performance Research Industries?  Looks
like they're on the expensive side, but they make a powerful engine.

Dave