[TR] Different TR3/3A/3B hubcap globe styles?

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 22:14:03 MDT 2012

TSF202L, built April 12, 2012, had three hubcaps with the straight
diagonal, non-underlined emblems when I got it in 1981, and one with the
arched, underlined Triumph script.  It had been in a front end accident at
some point, so I can't say it came with the one oddball emblem.

The emblems are different in almost every respect.  The land masses are
much smaller on the straight Triumph emblems and show all of Australia and
British Isles are shown only as a slightly bigger spot on the chrome.  The
blue of the ocean on the straight Triumph emblems is a much lighter color
enamel, and there are nine lines of latitude and nine lines of longitude.
 The underlined, arched emblems have five lines of latitude, seven lines of
longitude, and a outsized enameled representation of the UK.

Don

PS:  Vitreous means glassy, from the Latin *vitrei*, for glass*.*  Similar
etymology to experiments run *in vitro*, meaning in glass vessels.