[TR] TR6 Alternator conversion

Sam Clark trdoctor at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 22:32:00 MDT 2012

<snip>
Others recommend to use a remanufactured '78 Ford Fiesta Bosch alternator
w/55A which
gives almost a bolt-on replacement. And I can use Dan's wiring schematics for
the electrical hookup. My main problem is locating the Fiesta alternator.
Does
anyone have a specific source for this Bosch alternator with fan and pulley?
spent hours trying to locate one that is remanufactured, carrying some sort
of
warranty. But, I have not yet found suppliers, like AutoZone, Summit, NAPA
nor
Pep Boys. I don't want to search at junk yards. Does anyone have any
recommendations?

Thanking in advance,
Jeff N.
'72 TR6

I have one under my workbench still in the box I'd sell you.  It wouldn't fit
my GT6 because of clearance problems with the bonnet strut.  FWIW I got it
from Rock Auto PN #13107.  I was saving it for my 72 TR6 when the factory
Delco gives it up.