[TR] TR6 Idle adjustment fix

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 15:47:59 MDT 2012

The idle on my 6 has been a bit high (10-12k) since installing Joe
Alexander's velocity stacks (the engine likes more air at Denver's
altitude) but when I tried to cut the idle back I realized the spring
on the idle screws (ZS 175s) had become compressed and I couldn't let
the screw out enough to lower the idle speed without losing the
tension that holds it in place.

So I removed the screw and spring and stretched the spring just a bit
(from 0.376 to 0.418 in.) and was able to get the idle to come closer
to the 850-900 range once I could let the screw out and could still
keep enough tension so it wouldn't rattle loose.

You'd think changing idle speed would be a simple thing but you learn
something new everyday with these cars.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net