[TR] TR6 Alternator conversion

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Apr 25 01:25:01 MDT 2012

Oddly enough, my usual sources don't list it any more.  Maybe the rebuilders
quit doing them for some reason?

However, I believe this is a Delco equivalent:
http://tinyurl.com/6rt5dkm
(As noted, you may have to move over the pulley from your Lucas)

But since you are going to have to modify your 5-wire hookup anyway, going
with a more common alternator might be the best idea.  That way you'll get a
bolted main connection (I don't trust those quick connects at high currents,
seen too many of them get hot and fail), and replacements available at any
corner FLAPS.

-- Randall