[TR] TR3 Transmission shifting block

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Tue Apr 24 12:31:04 MDT 2012

Got a few hindered miles on the re-built transmission now, all went real
good in the beginning just a little stiff but I guess that was to be
expected.

But now, I cannot downshift into 2nd gear which is a real problem when
slowing down for a corner as I can't go on to first and third it too tall.
Up shifting from a standing start works most of the time but any small
mis-step and 2nd gear is denied me.

During the re-build everything looked real good and all we did was replace
the syncros and found one detent spring & ball missing.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS30766L "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Hello, my name is Bill and I own an old British car.  Now...What are the
next 11 steps?"