[TR] GT6+

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 14:54:49 MDT 2012

Tom Maricic wrote:
For example, my TR6 left the factory with a white top
("hood") and Damson
paint. It was built on 20 June 1970, but not shipped until
11 November, so
it featured authentic English corrosion right on the showroom
floor.

Tom, for accuracy's sake, I've got an aerial picture of the very
much 'open air' showroom at RAF Honeybourne where all the cars were stored
prior to shipment :) It's only about five miles from where I live now,
periodically flooded then and still floods now - so that was where the rust
started. Used to go there from time to time on Saturday mornings in the
1960's to earn some overtime looking for cars that had somehow got 'lost' or
robbed of bits. I've also written an article for the UK clubs about that place
- with pix - if anyone knows a club newsletter editor looking for empty pages
to fill. No charge for the material supply, just a copyright acknowledgement,
so email me off-list if there's any interest out there?

Jonmac