[TR] TR3A is finally back home

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Thu Apr 19 03:05:39 MDT 2012

After over two years at various body shops waiting to get repaired
(after separate, multiple hit-and-run accidents), my TR3A is finally home!

The body looks beautiful, and will hopefully stay that way (though
the last body/paint job seemed to make it a target, yeesh), but after
sitting for so long and after being pulled apart, the poor thing
has a number of issues:

1) A rod is knocking in the lower end and the engine will need overhaul
   replacement soon. :(
2) Front end is in bad shape (as it was before the body work) - much
   needs replacing.
3) Some leaks in the cooling system to fix
4) Needs a tuneup

Oh well.

Anyone have suggestions for engine overhaul and/or replacement?

Not to mention that I need to start looking into the rack and pinion
conversion.

Unfortunately I have so little time for such projects right now, but
at least she's home and running!

Dave