[TR] Spitfire Bonnet Question

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 07:35:45 MDT 2012

Need some advice or a picture. Let me see if I can butcher up this description
good enough to totally lose you. I have a 64 Spitfire and where the bonnet
mounts to the frame it is as follows. There are two vertical uprights as part
of the frame. Then there are two U shaped channels that slide into the
uprights and are held in place with two 5/16" bolts each. The bonnet has two
arms that stick out with disc on the end. these disc drop into the U shaped
channels ad a 5/16" bolt goes through the two pieces holding them in place.
Now for the questions, the disc are 1/4" narrower than the U channel so there
is side to side slop.  Also the holes in the U channel where the bolts go
through and then through the bonnet discs are slots to allow for up/down
adjustment. Did I loose you yet?  Currently there is nothing there to lock the
bonnet in place to keep it from floating side to side in the U channel and
also up and down in the slots. I thought about making up spacers but if I did
that and tightened the bolt down to lock it in place then it would be locked
in place and kept from rotating to open the bonnet also. So, are these just
made to float around like this or am I missing some pieces? Thanks,Marty