[TR] TR4 Replacement Turn Cancellation Signal Switch

Daehler, William F william.f.daehler at delphi.com
Wed Apr 11 12:35:51 MDT 2012

I'm stumped on this one.

The old switch is mounted to the steering column with two #8 screws. The old
screws won't thread into the brand new switch.  I had seen this before, aka
Clutch slave cylinder where the bleed screw was metric. Confident that I knew
the problem, I went to the tool room today.

I just came back from the tool room, thought I found the perfect M4 screw.
Imagine my surprise, it won't thread in either.  I guess brute force is an
answer, but have no idea whether to re-tap it metric or re-tap it SAE.

What's going on here? Any suggestions?

Will Daehler
63 TR4 Powder Blue
*********** Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.