[TR] TR4 tail lens

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 20:15:17 MDT 2012

Thanks to all who answered my question!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Carl Sereda" <carlsereda at aol.com>
To: <triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 tail lens
Date: Tue, Apr 10, 2012 18:43

The early lenses have low contrast between lit and not lit (especially on
bright days).. the later lens design is darker when not lit and lighter when
lit..   but also TR250s got anodized reflecting cones inserted behind each
lightbulb to throw more light at probably the same time as the lens pattern
was redesigned..
I'm breaking all the rules.. I put TR250 cones in my TR4 light fixtures.. I'm
using vertical patterned lenses.. and in UK orange - not USA red!

Hoping no one but dazed driver behind me notices the difference.
Regards,

Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

My TR4 needs a rear tail lamp lens and I see two different part numbers.  One
is
L669, the other L779.
>From the photo, they appear identical, but my car came with the L669.
Is this just a p/n change, or are the lens different?
Info will be appreciated!

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive