[TR] TR4A PCV valve

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Sun Apr 8 15:47:07 MDT 2012

Hi Dave,

On Apr 8, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Dave Connitt wrote:

> Well, I am cleaning up the PCV valve that came on my TR4A IRS and am kind of
> torn on installing it or maybe sourcing a modern type vavle. I remember
> someone posting a comment about how much trouble they had getting the original
> valve working correctly. Am I having a senior moment here or is there possibly
> a better solution?

When I got my 4A, it had a "regular" valve plumbed in.  Seemed to work OK, but I believe those valves are really just one-way valves (and perhaps some restriction).  From looking at the valve on the 4A, it appears that one of its functions is to only let the crankcase push into the intake, and to restrict the intake from sucking (or sucking too much) from the crankcase.

I don't know if that is important (or even accurate), though.

-Darrell