[TR] Parts, etc. at Mitty Vintage Race

Ted Schumacher tedtsimx at bright.net
Fri Apr 6 10:03:10 MDT 2012

Good morning List. Some items of interest. Mike Cook, author of several
TR books, longtime Triumph, British Leyland and Jaguar PR person and all
around very knowledgeable good guy will be joining us. Mike will be
wandering around shooting pictures, renewing old acquaintances and
meeting new friends.  Mike is a very valuable resource to the Triumph
community.  He was there when it started, including the US Competition
Department.  Mike will be available at our booth several times during
the week-end. Stop by and see Mike. Find out what it was really like "in
the day" from one who was there from the start.  Bring your questions.

Also joining us, all the way from the UK, are John & Susanne Clancy.
John is a videographer who has produced several Triumph DVD's. These
will be available at our booth. The series of Triumph DVDs came about as
a result of John Clancy's long term project to make a documentary of the
history of the TR7 and TR8 series of cars.  When initially released in
2007 it proved to be so popular the initial batch of pressed discs sold
out within six months.  As a result further Triumph productions were
undertaken -- first of all the Triumph Stag, then the Spitfire and GT6,
the traditional TRs, the pre-war cars and others.  Currently a complete
Triumph history is being compiled focusing on the saloon (sedan) models
issued by the company plus 'California Air' featuring Kas Kastner and
the US competitions department - this release is why John and his wife
Susanne will be attending the Mitty at the end of the month to film some
of the cars to help illustrate the story of why Triumph was so
successful in America.
John has interviewed many former Standard-Triumph engineering and
styling personnel and you will find many of these appear within each of
the DVDs.  No one else currently making classic car documentaries goes
into so much detail which makes these Triumph collectibles fairly unique
and as time goes on we expect them to become quite historic in their own
right.
Further details and previews of each title can be seen at
www.triumphdvd.co.uk

We will be at the Mitty with our vendor trailer with both parts and
regalia. We will have our gear reductions starters, steel braid brake
hoses, suspension parts, rebuilt calipers,  etc.  If anyone needs "heavy
items" - heads, gearboxes, engines, etc, we can bring these along - free
freight is good!  Please let me know any requests as soon as possible so
we can be sure to get it loaded. Our vendor trailer - white, flip open
sides, along with an EZ-Up tent will be up on the hill in vendor area.

FOT and Kastner Cup shirts can be picked up at the trailer. Please try
and pick up your shirts by Saturday afternoon.  Not sure what time we
will be packing on Sunday to leave.  At the event you can reach me on my
mobile - 419/230-9008. Mobile does not work in our building so please
use any of the numbers listed on the signature line of this email for
orders.

Thanks for your time and support. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx at bright.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US&  Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022